SENSE vs. ANTI-SENSE DNA CALL FOR VOTES

Ken Howe howe at DARWIN.UCSC.EDU
Tue Feb 6 19:41:35 EST 1996

To all,
I have to agree 100% with Dr. Graham.  My avoidance of returning to this
debate was for lack of a strong feeling for the proposed terms (ie.,
transcribed strand, etc.), which are fine, but I feel that "template"
and "non-template" strand designations are more clear, unambiguous and
applicable to transcription of either strand (in cases of overlapping
transcription and antisense expression).  I'm also not too thrilled
about "T" and "N" strand designations- perhaps this is trying to change
too much at once.

Just my opinion (of course).

Ken Howe