GFP truncation - summary

Tomas Drgon tomasd at bdg10.niddk.nih.gov
Wed Feb 7 08:53:03 EST 1996

Thanx everybody for suggestions. Here's the summary:

Date: Wed, 7 Feb 1996 00:24:34 -0500 (EST)
From: Wei Hu <bz182 at freenet.toronto.on.ca>
Subject: Re: GFP

the answer is 'no' as i tried it.

From: Daniel Gonzalez <meton at rci.rutgers.edu>

Subject: GFP truncation at Bst BI site.

Hello,

A truncation of 30 terminal AAs will not allow the protein to fold properly,
hence it will not "shine".  These are experiments our lab has done over 3
years ago and has not published, I hope that answers your question.

---Daniel Gonzalez