Bad message with Ambion Message Machine

Alan Neely phyan at ttuhsc.edu
Wed Feb 7 18:51:23 EST 1996

While most of the time I obtain high yield of a single length message
transcribed with Ambion Kit and then express functional protein in
Xenopus oocytes some time I obtain a smear. This happen with certain
clones and it is not due to RNAse contamination. We tried changing the
ratio cap/gtp, concentration of template and temperature. Absorvance
reading show a ratio of 1.75 to 1.87 and yield in the 19 to 20
micrograms... (The same clone transcribed with Promega give a clean
ban of the right size but the yield is to low and expression in oocytes
unaccetable).

Any similar experiences and posible solutions ??