Any other way of examining biosci archive..?

Paul N Hengen pnh at cockleberry.ncifcrf.gov
Thu Feb 8 12:46:55 EST 1996

Bernard Murray (bernard at elsie.nci.nih.gov) wrote:

: Is it just me....?
: I haven't been able to get an intelligible reply from the
: bionet gopher for a while now.  The gopher will find
: a list of documents but none of them are readable
: ("directory doesn't exist", "server error" etc.).
: The bionet WWW search page also seems broken
: (allows form filling but does not allow submissions).
: DejaNews also seems hopelessly stressed out.
: Does anyone know of any other ways of looking back
: through the bioscience archives, preferably something
: as reliable as the good old days before Knight Ridder?
: Surely the DOE/NSF can afford a more reliable machine!
:
: Bernard Murray, Ph.D.

I had the same problem and e-mailed Dave K. about it.
Unfortunately, when they put in the new WWW hyper-whatever,
they also plugged my favorite gopher hole :-(
Now, it's impossible to look for postings from really long ago.