bacterial housekeeping mRNA

Elliott Dawson bvepd at Telalink.Net
Thu Feb 8 19:51:42 EST 1996

The reference for my posting about general detection of bacteria in human
fluid samples is:

Detection of Pseudomanas(Burkholderia) cepacia using PCR in Pediatric
Pulmonology 20: 44-49 by Preston W. Campbell III et. al. (1995).  Although
the article focuses on thye PCR of psedomonas, it also describes a primer
set that is broadly applicable to the screening of bacteria.  The sequences
of the primers utilized for general screening are:
Forward Primer (PSL in the paper) 5' AGG-ATT-AGA-TAC-CCT-GGT-AGT-CCA-3' AND
Reverse Primer (PSR in the paper) 5' ACT-TAA-CCC-AAC-ATC-TCA-CGA-CAC