HELP:Saving IEF gel

KevO kevo at
Mon Feb 12 14:31:22 EST 1996

Hi! I need some help with maintaining my mini-IEF slab gels overnite. My
current experience with the BioRad Mini IEF is that I have to complete
all steps (including  staining in one complete continuous process). I use
polyacrylamide gel on gel support backing. I have experience that
prolonged soaking of gel in either fixing or destaining solution will swell
the gel and separate it from the backing. I would appreciate it if anyone
has any ideas of preventing the gel from "ripping" when in fix or
destain overnite. Thanks in advance.
* Kevin Ong                            * For God so loved the world that he  *
* Biology Dept.                        * gave his only begotten son...       *
* Temple University,Philadelphia       *               -JOHN 3:16            *
* Fax:(215)204-6646  email> kevo at or kevo at *
* WWW URL>                                     *