E.coli strain availability?

Michael R. Frank frank at lfc.edu
Tue Feb 13 00:41:07 EST 1996

I'm teaching a genetics/molbiol course, and I had planned to do a
few experiments from Miller's "Experiments in Molecular Genetics"
(1972 Cold Spring Harbor Press). I had assumed most of the bacterial
strains were standard, readily available, etc. Turns out not to be
the case. Apparently there is no easy mechanism to get CSH strains
(such as those listed in the book as CSH57, CSH61, CSH62) from CSH,
and no good crossreference to ATCC strains (although some could
probably substitute...). I do have queries in to both places, but no
reply yet.

Anyway, does anyone know either where to get these or what ATCC
strains correspond?

thnx,

Michael R. Frank
Dept. of Biology