Problem with dephosphorylation

M.Albrecht M.Albrecht at
Mon Feb 12 19:51:45 EST 1996

Hi netters,
We have some problems in dephosphorylating our vector DNA (eg pUC, pQE).
We use the alkaline phosphatase from Boehringer in combination with a
selfmade CIP-buffer (1 mM ZnCl2, 1 mM ZnCl2, 10 mM Tris-HCl, pH 8,3)
directly after the restriction assay. The incubation is at 37°C for about
30 min. After this we incubate another 10 min at 75°C and then
EtOH-precipitate the DNA before we use it in the ligation reaction. But
after all this our vector still shows a very high rate of religation. Has
anyone out there an idea what to do about this problem? I'll appreciate
every useful comment. Thank you. Manuela