HELP on reporter gene assay

otello at sc2a.unige.ch otello at sc2a.unige.ch
Tue Feb 13 07:19:24 EST 1996

Dear netters,
I would like to know if anybody out there has ever set up
a protocol to assay a particular reporter gene I am interested into.
The gene in question is aadA, encoding for spectinomycin and streptomycin
resistance. The protein essentially transfers a ATP to the drug, inactivating
it. Our lab published a method to quantify the activity some years ago
(Goldschmidt-Clermont, NAR 1991 or 1992...), and I was trying to improve
the method in order to get more reproducibility...
Any suggestion would be appreciated...

Sincerely yours,

Otello Stampacchia
University of Geneva