source of high quality streptavidin

Dima Klenchin klenchin at
Tue Feb 13 20:05:08 EST 1996

In article <altman-1302961426420001 at>,
   altman at (John Altman ) wrote:
-->We've been screening streptavidin and deglycosylated avidin
-->(unlabeled) preparations from a number of suppliers and to
-->our dismay, we've found them quite heterogeneous when
-->analyzed on gel filtration columns.

How about electrophoresis?

-->Does anyone have a
-->favorite supplier of high quality and homogeneous streptavidin
-->(or deglycosylated avidin)?  I'm only interested if you
-->happen to know that the material is in good shape.

Could you, please, post a summary of your screen? What is what
and from where. Could be very useful in the future.

- Dima