cDNA & long transcripts

Warren D. Kruger wd_kruger at fccc.edu
Tue Feb 13 17:41:24 EST 1996

	I too am having problems consistently amplifying long cDNA from blood.
We too are using the gentra systems kit, and then making total 1st
strand cDNA (dT) from the RNA using clonetechs kit.  We then use a
nested PCR startegy to amplify a 1.8Kb transcript of the human CBS gene.
	The problem we are having is with consistancy.  Sometimes it works and
sometimes it doesn't.  We are currently playing with the PCR conditions
to see if we can get more consistant amplification.

Warren Kruger