Apyrase - concentrations, storage

Dima Klenchin klenchin at macc.wisc.edu
Tue Feb 13 18:36:06 EST 1996

In article <4fqdd2$hi5 at panix.com>, iayork at panix.com (Ian A. York) wrote:
-->
-->I need to eliminate any residual ATP in a permeablized cell experiment,
-->so I want to use apyrase.  The articles I've looked at seem to use a
-->widely varying range of concentrations;  What concentrations have worked
-->for you?
-->
-->Secondly, how should I make it up and store it?  Is it, for example,
-->particularly pH sensitive, or sensitive to partiuclar buffers?  Once it's in
-->solution, can it be stored at 4 oC, -20 oC, -70 oC, or can it be stored
-->at all?

Oh, well, not sure how useful it'll be for you. I used it once.
At 10 ug/ml, 15 min, rt. Besides ATP, it ate of all my GTPgS present and
therrefore killed my assay. Since it's claimed to have preference for ATP,
I guess, the ATP was gone either. I also have vague recollection that flash
frosen and than -20C is OK.

Good luck. 		- Dima

P.S. It was from Sigma