DNA from nitrocellulose for PCR

Duke Groebe drg at prophet.pharm.pitt.edu
Tue Feb 13 14:52:32 EST 1996

I want to quantitatively recover protein-bound DNA oligomers from a
nitrocellulose filter for subsequent PCR.  Is there a simple and efficient
protocol for eluting the DNA from the nitrocellulose filter that can then
be used in PCR, preferrably without an intervening precipitation step.

Thanks,

Duke Groebe

The opinions expressed here are my own.  MY very own and NOBODY else's!  I
THOUGHT OF THEM FIRST, HA HA, AND YOU DIDN'T!!  SEE!?  There's my name up
there!  And the date - Ooohh, the DATE!  That's important!  HEE HEE, I'M
GONNA BE RICH!  DO YOU HEAR ME!?  RICH!!  HA HA!!  They're mine...heh, heh,
all mine....  GOD!  I'm so smart!