NTP precipitation. Wrong end of the stick!!

Dave Hollingworth d-hollin at nimr.mrc.ac.uk
Tue Feb 13 08:43:30 EST 1996

Thanx to everyone who replied to my earlier query "Do NTP's precipitate
with ethanol?" It certainly has lead to a good discussion although
everyone who replied did so thinking that I want to remove the NTP's.
This is not actually the case as I want to precipitate total nucleic
acid, a mixture of DNA, RNA and NTP's, after a partial nuclease P1
reaction. If a precipitation method does exist then it will hopefully
provide a rapid way to desalt and concentrate my mixtures.
Any suggestions?
Cheers
Dave