PCR primer software

upyers mcoon at u.washington.edu
Thu Feb 15 21:00:02 EST 1996

In article <31232205.33F6 at pen.gulbenkian.pt>, jcosta at pen.gulbenkian.pt wrote:

> My lab frequently prepares PCR products using primers with 5' end
> extensions designed as restriction enzyme sites.
> We use either Oligo or the Prime program of the GCG package for
> primer selection and analysis but none of these programs can deal
> with primers with extra 5' end sequences. Does someone know a
> program that can do that?
>
> Joao

Joao

Our version of Oligo will allow you to have altered 5' ends (you need only
edit the sequence in the editor).

However, a good program that can do what you want is Amplify. I believe it
is a shareware program. I'll look and get back to you.

MEC

--
"The two most common things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity" Harlan Ellison