Mitochondrial DNA extraction?

martin LEACH leach at
Fri Feb 16 17:44:18 EST 1996

I highly recommed you look up how to isolate mitochondria....then blow those
suckers up...  A friend used to isolate tons of mitochondria from liver tissue
then use them....(not for dna though)

Kay A. Pleyte (kpleyte at wrote:
:      I'm looking for a method for extraction of DNA from mitochondria.  Will
: a plasmid prep. protocol work?  Any suggestions welcome.

: Kay Pleyte
: kpleyte at

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)

My homepage:
Biotech company WWW REgistry has moved to:
Check out the Biotech Rumor mill: