In-situ Protein Kinase C assay

Bernard Lassegue medbpl at
Fri Feb 16 13:46:11 EST 1996

     I have started measuring in-situ Protein Kinase C activity in
permeabilized cells grown in 96-well plates, based on a few references
from the literature such as: Heasley L.E., J.Biol.Chem., 1989, 264, 8646.
     I always get high activity after stimulation with phorbol esters and
very low activity after treatment with PKC inhibitors. The problem is
that the activity in untreated cells is often almost as high as in
stimulated cells.
     Any advice or protocol would be welcome.
Bernard  medbpl at