luciferase vectors

bbraun at bbraun at
Sat Feb 17 18:29:42 EST 1996

In < at>, writes:
>In article
><Pine.AUX.3.91.960215145433.19194A-100000 at>,
>hmmoss at MAIL.MED.CORNELL.EDU (Heidi Moss) wrote:
>> Greetings!!
>> Does anyone have/know of a luciferase vector that contains the TK promoter
>> rather than the SV-40 promoter (ie. Promega's PGL2- uses SV40 as a
>> minimal promoter, but we'd like to replace it with the TK promoter for
>> our system). We are desperate!! Any help would be appreciated.
>> Thanks!
>> -- Heidi
>Although I don't have such a vector to send you, you could engineer one
>without too much time or effort. First, get ahold of Clontech's pTKbeta
>and digest with Sal1. Fill in the ends with Klenow and then digest with
>Bgl2. After gel isolation of the 933 bp TK promoter fragment, ligate to
>Bgl2/Sma1 digested pGL2 or pGL3 from Promega. Hope this helps - all the
>standard disclaimers apply.
>sscherer at

How about pT81Luc?  This is available from ATCC.  It is described completely
in an article in Biotechniques (sorry, I can't remember which one).  You should
look at the reference, because it actually describes 2 or 3 derivatives with
different TK promoter fragments.  I think it might be this:

Nordeen SK.
  Luciferase reporter gene vectors for analysis of promoters and enhancers.
Biotechniques, 1988 May, 6(5):454-8.

Good luck,

Benjamin Braun