Alternative Methods for Preparing Lifts

pmmcnutt at phoenix.princeton.edu pmmcnutt at phoenix.princeton.edu
Sat Feb 17 14:38:12 EST 1996

I was hoping to get a discussion going that presents
alternatives to the standard (ie, red book or Maniatis) protocols
for denaturing, neutralizing and equilibrating colony and plaque
lifts for hybridizations. I understand some labs use a blast
technique where they can do 50 filters at a time (VERY rapidly) and
involves an autoclave, but that is all I know. If anyone has
alternative protocols or suggestions that are as effective but less
tedious and time consuming, and are so inclined, please post those.
Finally, for all those out there who prefer to stick to tried and
true, please don't flame me for just researching alternatives!
Thanks.
     I will attempt to collate and repost the responses to the
newsgroup for any who are interested.
				                                  patrick