protocal for staining isozymes

WSchick at aol.com WSchick at aol.com
Sun Feb 18 13:58:19 EST 1996

In a message dated 96-02-17 03:03:31 EST, jmonaghan at aol.com (JMonaghan)
writes:

>Does anyone know of a good protocal for staining isozymes.  Please post or
>e-mail me at JMonaghan at aol.com or JMonaghan at gnn.com or if you know of any
>resources where I can get anymore info on isozyme studies.

There is a company that makes a modified coumarin stain that excites at 415
nm, above most of the natural fluorescence.  This is more sensitive because
of lack of interfernce.  Thestain is available on peptide substrates for
fluorometer assays, or immobilised in a membrane for isozyme blots.  You can
visualize and photgraph with a simple uv lamp.

Please forward your mailing address, and I will send their complete catalog.

Walter Schick
Biotech research marketing and sales
Bio-Sep Co.
872 Autumn Dr.