PSG5vector

Bernard Murray bernard at elsie.nci.nih.gov
Tue Feb 20 00:37:12 EST 1996

In article <9601198247.AA824754906 at strata.stratagene.com>,
liz_caetta at stratagene.com says...

>     We will be happy to provide the sequence for the pSG5 vector via
>     e-mail at no charge.  Please send requests to
>     tech_services at stratagene.com
>
>     Liz Caetta
>     Stratagene Technical Services

I've tried this in the past and been *promised* "return-of-post"
and received absolutely NOTHING.  In the end I just found it easier
to download all of the sequences from the Stratagene BBS
(alas, not a 1-800 number).  Hopefully Stratagene will cure this
when/if they get their internet connection sorted out.
I would have preferred to be referred to the BBS in the first place
rather than being promised something that wasn't delivered.

Just to maintain a balanced view...  I ordered the sequence diskette
from Promega thinking that this would save download time.  Alas,
a) Only in 5.25" format (low density, of course)
b) Horribly out of date (no pGL3 vectors etc.)
c) Strange format for the sequences so that the only recourse
   was text editing to extract them
d) Two files that had been truncated (missing the last line)
ie. Overall, pretty much a wasted order.
	I emailed Promega and asked if the diskette had been updated
and politely suggested that it was time that they did so and have
never received any kind of reply.

These tech email addresses look good on paper but at times I think
its the electronic equivalent of being put on hold when on the
telephone.  I think it would be good if they would at least
send back a "we have received your message" acknowledgement
to prove that tech at domain_name.com is not directed to /dev/null

	Keep up the *human* technical support!
			Bernard

Bernard Murray, Ph.D.