PCR contaminant with abs peak 299

SG Edwards sge1 at york.ac.uk
Tue Feb 20 12:07:30 EST 1996

We routinely extract PCR-quality DNA from plant roots without problems.
However recently we have persistantly had problems with inhibition of
PCR.  We know it is inhibition as A)Dilution of template helps and B)
amplification of an internal standard is impaired also when included.
When speced the DNA extracts have a normal scan except for a peak at ca.
299nm.  We have tried fresh extraction buffer to no avail.  Has anyone
any experience/ advice for this problem.
Yours hopefully

Simon Edwards
University of York, UK