Sources of baculovirus expression systems

Cliff Beall beall.3 at OSU.EDU
Tue Feb 20 09:18:43 EST 1996

In article <199602200328.OAA01827 at morgan.angis.su.OZ.AU>, Adrian W Philbey
(nswema05 at angis.su.OZ.AU) wrote:

> A baculovirus expression system using pBlueBacHis is marketed by
> Invitrogen. Would it be possible for anyone to provide me with
> details of baculovirus expression systems produced by other
> companies?

Adrian-

We had been using the Clontech system and recently switched to the
Gibco/BRL kit, and have found it to be a substantial improvement.  It uses
site specific recombination in  E.coli rather than homologous
recombination in insect cells to make the recombinant baculovirus.  This
difference saves time and effort.  The Invitrogen and Pharmingen systems
are similar to Clontech.  So I would give that some consideration.

(No connection to any of the above)

Good luck
Cliff Beall
Research Scientist