dna diffusion in agarose

Ralph Schuster gka1 at d2.hrz.uni-giessen.de
Wed Feb 21 08:18:07 EST 1996

Thanks to everyone who replied to my plea for help with this puzzling
(at least to me :-) ) problem. The solution was, as many pointed out,
that the EtBr in the gel and the running buffer was not enough to stain
such a huge amount of DNA, and thus all the EtBr got soaked up by
the lower bands so I could not see the higher molecular band anymore.
A second try with staining after the gel run showed the right band,
and so I can happily go on with further experiments.

Thanks ...

Ralph Schuster