Can DTT be substituted by DTE ????

Stephen P. Driska PhD driska at
Thu Feb 22 16:27:54 EST 1996

janke wrote:
: Does any body know what the difference is in using DTT
: or DTE? Are they similar enough to be substituted
: in most reactions? If not, why?
: Any help is welcome.

: A. Janke

: Please mail your answer also to my address, so
: that I do not miss it. Thanx
: janke at

	I think the original paper by Cleland discussed both reagents.
We use DTE because we found it cheaper somewhere.

Steve Driska, Physiology Department, Temple University Medical School
Philadelphia, PA 19140 USA (215) 707-3283
driska at
If I could think of something witty and clever to say, it would go right