Qiaex problems

Arthur Wohlwill U55850 at uic.edu
Thu Feb 22 13:05:34 EST 1996

In article <stebbin1-190296161740 at triezenberg2.bch.msu.edu> stebbin1 at pilot.msu.edu (John Stebbins) writes:
>From: stebbin1 at pilot.msu.edu (John Stebbins)
>Subject: Qiaex problems
>Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 16:17:40 -0500

>We use Qiaex II from Qiagen to isolate DNA fragments from agarose for the
>purposes of ligation.  We have had LOTS of problems getting our ligations
>to work.  Has anybody else had similiar problems?  Has anybody figured out
>how to correct the problem.  I realize one correction would be to use a
>different method to isolate DNA from agarose.  Anybody have a favorite
>alternative?

>Thanks

>John Stebbins

I usually elute the DNA in larger volumes than called for by the protocol
i.e---100-200 ul then spin down any residual matrix and ethanol ppt the
supernatant. Then I can do a ligation in a 10-20 ul volume---usually works ok.

Arthur Wohlwill Adwohwi at UIC.EDU

--
bob storti
University of Illinois at Chicago