Differential Display

Jim Voeller voeller at his.com
Sat Feb 24 21:53:20 EST 1996

In article <4gl3qu$8bd at mark.ucdavis.edu>, ez022056 at dale.ucdavis.edu
(Edward Wang) wrote:

> We dumped the project after 1.5 years and 70+ false positives...
> Good luck

The differential display method has became very popular. I know of many at
my institution who have used this method for various projects and I
suspect likewise at others. I have attended a number of seminars where
researchers have presented preliminary results from differential display.
I have seen a handful of published articles regarding genes cloned using
the technique. I have not really seen anything substantial come out as a
result. Dr. Wang's comment seems much more typical. Anyone want to
comment?

--
Jim Voeller
Lombardi Cancer Center