Qiaex problems

Jim Voeller voeller at his.com
Sat Feb 24 21:26:19 EST 1996

stebbin1 at pilot.msu.edu (John Stebbins) writes:
> >From: stebbin1 at pilot.msu.edu (John Stebbins)
> >Subject: Qiaex problems
> >Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 16:17:40 -0500
>

> >We use Qiaex II from Qiagen to isolate DNA fragments from agarose for the
> >purposes of ligation.  We have had LOTS of problems getting our ligations
> >to work.  Has anybody else had similiar problems?  Has anybody figured out
> >how to correct the problem.  I realize one correction would be to use a
> >different method to isolate DNA from agarose.  Anybody have a favorite
> >alternative?
>
> >Thanks
>
> >John Stebbins

I recently switched from GeneClean to Qiaex II because I found it to be
easier, and I also had good results from other Qiagen products (plasmid
preps). Qiaex has worked very well for ligations. I take extra care that
the wash steps are done well and do an extra wash too. Maybe try another
brand of agarose.

--
Jim Voeller
Fairfax, Virginia, USA