epitope tagging

Alfredo Lopez De Leon szlopeza at boris.ucdavis.edu
Fri Feb 23 15:09:15 EST 1996

Jim Voeller (voellerj at gunet.georgetown.edu) wrote:
: Hello bionetters. I am interested in epitope tagging and expressing a cDNA
: in mammalian cells. I have seen published article using myc, flag, and HA
: tags. There are a few commercial vectors available now too. I want to find

Jim:
	Just to make your life more complicated, check first the
background signal of each antibody on your system. You don't want to go
through all the trouble of introducing the Tag just to find out that your
anti- "Myc, Flag or HA1" have a high backgroud level.

Alfredo