problems with RNAs denatured with Glyoxal(in Northerns)

Saverio Brogna Genetics sb at
Sun Feb 25 14:37:44 EST 1996

Please someone,

could you explaine why when I run Northerns with RNAs denetured in Glyoxal
I see two bands from my transcript, and anly one when I used the more
commun formaldeyde gels. I dont think that is due to a better resolution
of the first method, but I rather think that is an artifact.
Do you have any suggestions.

Thanks Saverio
Saverio Brogna
University of Cambridge, Departement of Genetics
Downing Street, Cambridge, CB2 3EH, England (UK)
tel +44-1223-333970, fax +44-1223-333992