Maxiprep woes

matt_ambros at hhs.dresden.k12.nh.us matt_ambros at hhs.dresden.k12.nh.us
Tue Feb 27 14:47:52 EST 1996

Another reason there is no DNA in your sample could be that when you grow
larger quantities of cells, you are losing your plasmid. Have you tried growing
with sulbactim plus AMP which keeps the bacteria which have lost the plasmid
from growing because it scavenges the b-lactamase? I had delicate cosmids that
deleted all the time and had to grow them as dozens of 10 ml cultures which I
then pooled to get tiny amounts of DNA. So in reality, there may be nothing
wrong with your miniprep procedure.
Candy Lee