dut- ung- E. coli strain request

username at BBSRC.AC.UK Your Name Here Your
Tue Feb 27 13:43:54 EST 1996

In article <4gighu$dbt at nntp3.u.washington.edu>, ottok at u.washington.edu (Kevin G. Otto) says:

>We are looking for a dut- ung- E. coli strain named CJ236 or any other
>transformable dut- ung- strain.  Thanks.
>
>Kevin Otto

Kevin,
I don't have CJ236 strain but if you are doing site-directed mutagenesis
with this I think you can also use BW313 strain (dut-ung-) which I use for
mutagenesis. In my hands it works perfectly, sometimes I can even have 100%
efficiency, normally around 60%. If you want I can send the strain to you
you can just make competent cells yourself.
S Tang