Advice on genomic DNA preps wanted

martin LEACH leach at bu.edu
Tue Feb 27 10:53:11 EST 1996

Hi Cathy,

try AGTC, they make 96 well mini's and genomic dna isolation kits...lot of
other 96 well purification kits also...

1-800-326-2685

Martin

Cathy Sprankle (Sprankle at ciit.org) wrote:
: Hi, all:

: We are doing a project with the Stratagene "Big Blue" mice, which is a
: mouse with a recoverable phage transgene.  I am going to be doing a
: tremendous number of genomic DNA preps from livers (and possibly kidneys)
: from these animals in the near future.  The DNA has to be very clean and
: of high molecular weight to perform well in the packaging reactions.  So
: far, my results have been so-so.  I am using the DNA purification
: procedure that Stratagene recommends, which involves a proteinase K
: digestion followed by phenol extractions.  I would appreciate suggestions
: that anyone might have about how I could improve the quality of my DNA.

: Thanks,

: Cathy

: --
: Catherine Sprankle
: CIIT
: e-mail:  sprankle at ciit.org
: Opinions expressed (such as they are!) are strictly mine and do
: not reflect those of CIIT.

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at bu.edu
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
                                             head.....WIBBLE"