Library kits

Ian A. York iayork at
Tue Feb 27 15:46:18 EST 1996

We're contemplating constructing a cDNA library, but have little
experience with the techniques.  Has anyone any comments on the various
kits available?  I believe that Invitrogen makes one - do others?  Are
kits worth it (considering that this is likely to be a one-shot for us)?
I believe also that Invitrogen (and Stratgene?) will make custom
libraries - any opinions on that?  (I realize that many of you purists
are gagging and sputtering with disbelief - please be gentle with us.)

All opinions welcomed.

Ian York                        |  I find that I have,
iayork at                |  as a result of this post,   |  grown to hate haiku     --Jennifer Mullen