digital cameras

Andy Phillips andy.phillips at
Wed Feb 28 11:57:37 EST 1996

David D Morgan wrote:
> I've just recieved some details about a new digital camera (DC-40) from Kodak
> that apparently digitises images (of gels etc) and stores them as TIFF files for
> later analysis/printing out using your PC/MAC.
> Does anyone out there have experiences good/bad with this kind of system ?

It's probably not a good idea to buy the DC-40 scientific package at the moment,
as Kodak have brought out a new, improved version (the DC-50), which includes zoom
and more exposure control. I understand that this new camera will replace the
DC-40 in the scientific kit.

 Email  : andy.phillips at  : University of Bristol
 Home   : andy at     : IACR Long Ashton Research Station
 Phone  : +44-1275-549257            : Long Ashton
 Fax    : +44-1275-394281            : Bristol, BS18 9AF, UK
 WWW    :