dut- ung- E. coli strain request

Ashok Aiyar aiyar at ebv.oncology.wisc.edu
Thu Feb 29 00:11:40 EST 1996

On 29 Feb 1996 04:02:15 GMT, John Elliott <johne at gdpiris.chem.sunysb.edu> wrote:
>In article <4gighu$dbt at nntp3.u.washington.edu>, ottok at u.washington.edu
>(Kevin G. Otto) wrote:
>
>> We are looking for a dut- ung- E. coli strain named CJ236 or any other
>> transformable dut- ung- strain.  Thanks.
>>
>> Kevin Otto
>
>You can get them from New England Biolabs.  If you order a methylase
>sensitive enzyme from them they will send the cells along if you ask for
>them.  Otherwise it is about 8.00 for dryice and that is it.

I am fairly sure that NEB doesn't provide any dut- ung- strain.
They will provide strains that lack various restriction and
modification systems such dam, dcm, mrr and mcr.

Perhaps one of these strains is what you had in mind?

Cheers,
Ashok

--
Ashok Aiyar, Ph.D.
Department of Oncology                aiyar at ebv.oncology.wisc.edu
Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison                    tel: (608) 262-6697