dut- ung- E. coli strain request

Ashok Aiyar aiyar at ebv.oncology.wisc.edu
Thu Feb 29 00:11:40 EST 1996

On 29 Feb 1996 04:02:15 GMT, John Elliott <johne at gdpiris.chem.sunysb.edu> wrote:
>In article <4gighu$dbt at nntp3.u.washington.edu>, ottok at u.washington.edu
>(Kevin G. Otto) wrote:
>> We are looking for a dut- ung- E. coli strain named CJ236 or any other
>> transformable dut- ung- strain.  Thanks.
>> Kevin Otto
>You can get them from New England Biolabs.  If you order a methylase
>sensitive enzyme from them they will send the cells along if you ask for
>them.  Otherwise it is about 8.00 for dryice and that is it.

I am fairly sure that NEB doesn't provide any dut- ung- strain.
They will provide strains that lack various restriction and
modification systems such dam, dcm, mrr and mcr.

Perhaps one of these strains is what you had in mind?

Ashok Aiyar, Ph.D.
Department of Oncology                aiyar at ebv.oncology.wisc.edu
Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison                    tel: (608) 262-6697