Anyone successfully doing RNAse protection Assays?

genes at unixg.ubc.ca genes at unixg.ubc.ca
Thu Feb 29 13:36:13 EST 1996

I have started doing RNAse protection assays using an Ambion kit(RNAse
II). I can't seem to get it to work. The probe is 600 bp and is made
from a pGEM plasmid containing an insert. The target is made from a
longer sequence that is in another plasmid (probe was actually
subcloned from this longer sequnce). I am trying to titre the reaction
so as not to use up my total RNA sample that is limited. The control
for the kit works fine. Can anyone give me some pointers on making the
probe or the target sample and getting this to work.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Craig