How to set up ELISAs

Michael Lassner mikel51 at pa.mother.com
Thu Feb 29 01:35:18 EST 1996

I have an affinity purified antibody, and am considering setting up
an ELISA system to measure antigen levels in developing Brassica
seeds.  The antibody manual I own looks a little outdated.  Anybody
have suggestions on the easiest way to set up such a system for
sure-fire rock-solid results.  Should I use sandwich assays--if so,
how should I label the antibody.   Are there some microtitre plates
that bind tens of micrograms of protein that would allow binding the
plant protein to the plate and then use secondary antibodies?  Any
suggestions are appreciated.