Sequencing problem

Simon Dawson Simon.Dawson at nott.ac.uk
Wed Jan 3 03:37:20 EST 1996

Hi all,
       Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year!

  I have been trying to manually sequence a cDNA clone which is approximately
1000bp in length with mixed success. The DNA seems to encode a protein with a
repeat unit of ~30 amino acids (~100bp) and most of what I'm getting when I
run my gels are very compressed sequences.
  Has anybody had a similar problem in the past and might be able to share
the answer with me? :)
  I have tried deaza dNTP mixes (both c7-dATP and c7-dGTP) with little
difference in the result. I havn't tried a Taq kit yet though...has anyone
had experience with such a kit for sequencing _other_ than cycle-sequencing
(cycle sequencing gave me gobbledy-gook with this template) ?
  Oh well back to work I guess, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

          Simon.

--

Dr. Simon Dawson       TEL:+44 (0)115 9249924 ex. 44789
Dept. of Biochemistry  FAX:+44 (0)115 9422225
Queens Medical Centre  Email:Simon.Dawson at .nott.ac.uk
Clifton Boulevard      http://www.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk/~mbzspd/Simon.html
Nottingham
U.K.                   "Back off man, I'm a scientist!" - Bill Murray.