RNAse for phage preps

Rainer Blaesius Rainer.Blaesius at bigapple.biochem.uni-erlangen.de
Tue Jan 9 10:30:24 EST 1996

Dear netters,
does anyone know a good source for RNAse that is good enough to be used
for phage preps and minilysates but not as expensive as the highly
purified forms from most Mol.Biol. companies? I have bought a crude
preparation from Sigma (RNAse A, R-5503), boiled and renatured it to
get it DNAse free only to see my plasmid minipreps disappear or run in
funny-shaped bands on agarose gels. If you know of better material that
is affordable in amounts commonly used in phage preps please let me

Rainer Blaesius
Inst. f. Biochemie
D-91054 Erlangen