More and more confused about making SENSE

Stephen R. Lasky Stephen_Lasky at
Tue Jan 9 09:25:47 EST 1996

In article <Pine.3.89.9601060322.M20549-0100000 at mistral.ERE.UMontreal.CA>,
ferlandl at ERE.UMontreal.CA ("Ferland Louis H.") wrote:

> In which textbook? It is not how *I* learned it. I agree that it does make
> sense (same bad pun), but so does the other possibility, as I posted
> earlier. The bottom line (not strand, OOPS! another bad pun) is
> CONFUSION. About the Lasky comment, I think this was HIS bailout.

Louis: I didn't bail out of this discussion.  I think that an electronic
conference is a good idea and that this debate can lead to establishing a
new standard for the terminology.

Stephen R. Lasky Ph.D.   Brown U/Roger Williams Medical Center,  Providence, RI.
Phone: 401-456-5672     Fax: 401-456-6569     e:mail: Stephen_Lasky at
America may be unique in being a country which has leapt from barbarism to decadence without touching civilization.  John O'Hara.