P32 or Chemiluminescence, Biotin Probes for library screening

Michael R. King king1 at students.uiuc.edu
Tue Jan 9 10:01:54 EST 1996

I have N-terminal amino acid sequence (OK degeneracy) for making a
degenerate probe for screening a cosmid library and/or southern.  I have
always used the non-isotopic probes for doing southerns but never used a
degenerate probe. I have been told that if I have the probe company do the
non-isotopic labeling for me, than this method is very efficient.
However, I can also go to another lab to use P32 which I haven't really
worked with much (working in others labs can be somewhat of a hassle but I
am willing to do it to achieve success).  Which of these methods do you
suggest?  Please write directly to me at the email address below.

Thanks,

Michael R. King
king1 at students.uiuc.edu