RNAse for phage preps

Juqun Shen jshena at sfu.ca
Wed Jan 10 14:36:18 EST 1996

Are you sure it is because of RNase?

-------------- next part --------------
From: Rainer.Blaesius at bigapple.biochem.uni-erlangen.de (Rainer Blaesius)
Newsgroups: bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts
Subject: RNAse for phage preps
Date: 9 Jan 1996 15:30:24 GMT

Dear netters,
does anyone know a good source for RNAse that is good enough to be used
for phage preps and minilysates but not as expensive as the highly
purified forms from most Mol.Biol. companies? I have bought a crude
preparation from Sigma (RNAse A, R-5503), boiled and renatured it to
get it DNAse free only to see my plasmid minipreps disappear or run in
funny-shaped bands on agarose gels. If you know of better material that
is affordable in amounts commonly used in phage preps please let me
know.

Thanks

Rainer Blaesius
Inst. f. Biochemie