Cacodylate & CoCl2

Chris Barry chbarry at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jan 11 01:35:04 EST 1996

Has anyone had any experience with Cacodylic Acid of Cacodylate and
CoCl2 in their buffers. I am having a terrible time precipitating large
DNA from this buffer. I have tried sodium acetate, Lithium chloride and
am about to try ammonium acetate (all with ethanol or isopropanol). All
to no avail. The deceiving/frustrating problem I am getting is that
there is an apropriate sized pellet of something that is not DNA. Any
input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Chris Barry

Please use e-mail