Vent gives blunt end products? (was: Re: ligation of blunt PCR products)

Stephane Vuilleumier svuilleu at micro.biol.ethz.ch
Fri Jan 12 10:05:14 EST 1996

In article <delabess-1101961947420001 at appp5.ext.infobiogen.fr> delabess at infobiogen.fr (Eric DELABESSE) writes:
>From: delabess at infobiogen.fr (Eric DELABESSE)
>Subject: Re: ligation of blunt PCR products
>Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 19:47:42 +0000

>Aplify your PCR with Vent polymerase (New Englands Biolabs) which gives
>blunt PCR products which is different from Taq polymerase and clone in pCR
>Script (Stratagene) which a blunt end cloning vector.

I keep hearing/reading this, but never seem to be able to find a real
reference where this has been demonstrated experimentally  (maybe I haven't
look hard or carefully enough). Anybody  got such a reference?

Thanks, Stephane

>In article <4d1bf4$ojr at academ00.mty.itesm.mx>, calaniz
><calaniz at academ01.mty.itesm.mx> wrote:
>>Do anybody knows if there is a method for efective blunt end ligation of
>>PCR products? please I need it for my master degree thesis in protein
>>engineering.>>Thanks>>>>Cecilia Alaniz

Stephane Vuilleumier
Mikrobiologisches Institut
ETH-Zurich                  Tel:   (+41) 1 632 33 57
ETH-Zentrum/LFV             Fax:   (+41) 1 632 11 48
8092 Zurich                 email: svuilleu at micro.biol.ethz.ch
Switzerland                 http://www.micro.biol.ethz.ch/sv1.htm