Omega-Cam Plasmid?

Brad Nicholson Brad_Nicholson at hlthsci.med.utah.edu
Fri Jan 12 13:46:38 EST 1996

Hello All,

		I was wondering if anyone out there has an Omega-Cam
construct that they would be willing to part with.  I know about the pHP45
Omega-Cam (Fellay, et al.) and the pBSL119 Omega-Cam (Alexeyev, et al.) and
that they can be obtained from the Phabagen Collection and ATCC,
respectively.  I am willing to do that, but if I can find some kind soul
who is willing to part with a few ng to transform I would be very grateful.

		I'm trying to interupt a bacterial transcriptional
activator, I have tried using the Cam resistance gene alone (from
pACYC184). I want to avoid promoter activity out of the inserted resistance
gene.  Alternatively, an Omega-Gent cassette would also work.

Thanks for your time,
Brad
Brad Nicholson                      |"If it worked the first time,
Department of Pathology             |	it wouldn't be research."
University of Utah                  |	 ...Brad Nicholson
Salt Lake City, UT 84132            |  My opinions are solely my own.
Brad_Nicholson at hlthsci.med.utah.edu |
or: (801)-581-4365                  |  iligitimi non corborundrum