Plasmid drawing software

Christopher Spry cspry at sghms.ac.uk
Sun Jan 14 10:06:58 EST 1996

Vector NTI draws plasmids but is expensive as already noted and I could not
get it to install under windows NT 3.51 so, despite my earlier posting, it is
not high on my list of recommended packages.

Other options that I have come across are 'Plasmid Artist' from
'alan at sequana.com' and 'winplas.zip' from ftp.sunet.se/pub/molbio/ibmpc'
which costs US$335. The graphics in this second demo can be captured using
'PaintBrush Pro' and printed from there. This is a sophisticated package for
a Department and it runs well under Windows95 and NT 3.51. 'The Vector NTI
software 'vntd' is available from the same server.

--
Christopher Spry
cspry at sghms.ac.uk