half-life of phosphorimager screen

William P. Prichett William_P_Prichett%notes at SB.COM
Mon Jan 15 09:21:03 EST 1996

Juan,
     I am not sure what you mean by half life of the screen.   The stored
energy of a screen that has been exposed to radioisotope, does have a decay
(half life).  I'm not sure what it is off had, but you can get a very good
tech report from Mol. Dynamics about this.  If you are asking if I expose a
screen to 1 uCi for 1hour today and scan, then do the same thing in 1, 2 of
more years,  Will the measured signal be less?  From my experience using MD
Phosphorimagers and our oginal screen ~ 5years + old, this is of little
concern.  Although I have not measured/quantitated this.  Good Luck,

Bill