T/A cloning

Bernard Murray bernard at elsie.nci.nih.gov
Mon Jan 15 15:12:39 EST 1996

In article <199601151517.KAA09261 at relay.mskcc.org>, e-anderson at SKI.MSKCC.ORG
says...

>> On Mon, 08 Jan 1996, Martin Cann wrote;
>>
>> >The wobbly T's on these vectors are notoriously unstable. The cut
>> >vector has a shelflife of 1-2 months and will not survive too m=
>> any >freeze-thaw cycles. Could this be it?
>>
>> This is interesting, I have not heard of this before.
>
>actually, the literature for the Invitrogen kit states this fact more
>than once.

[snip]

I've wandered into this discussion in the middle so I hope this hasn't
been said before but whilst browsing the Novagen web site I found
a document from their May 1994 inNovations in which they test the
stability of their T/A cloning vector (pT7blue).
	The full document is in Adobe Acrobat form as;

http://www.novagen.com/1inno3.pdf

and as html (without the figures) as;

http://www.novagen.com/1inno3.html

Maybe this will be useful to some people.

[No affiliation]

		Bernard
Bernard Murray, Ph.D.