BrdU in immunoflourescence

A.S. aschoen at aecom.yu.edu
Mon Jan 15 19:31:05 EST 1996

Hi.  I want to do double staining IF for my protein and for cell
proliferation with BrdU.  Optimally, I would like to detect BrdU with a
non-rabbit primary antibody and a Texas red or rhodamine conjugated
secondary antibody (because I have had success detecting my protein with
FITC).  My questions are directed to anybody who has had success with
this procedure:
1) Which companies have good reagents to perform this experiment?
2) Is there a good protocol for this procedure?  It seems a little more
complex than IF as you have to make the incorporated BrdU's accessible
to antibody (i.e. nucleases, etc.).
Thanks for your help.
												                                              Alan